Uses For Foam Insulation

Properly insulating a home is essential to keep a home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. There is a variety of insulation products and they can all provide different levels of insulation depending on how they are used. These types of insulation are fiberglass, cellulose, rigid and foam. Though fiberglass, cellulose and rigid are less expensive, foam insulation is more commonly used. Foam is used because it takes up less space and it has greater R-values than other insulation. It is made up of a molded or extruded polystyrene or polyurethane. It can be in liquid or board form.

Liquid forms of foam insulation can be used in large or small quantities. Small quantities can be picked up at local hardware stores and used to insulate water pipes or air ducts. Whereas larger quantities are used to fill in wall cavities in existing buildings.  Molded forms are large sheets of insulation that are used for insulating flat roofs or walls and ceilings. This type can also be made in smaller quantities to be used in insulating concrete blocks or hollow cavities. Extruded forms of insulation are sturdier and are also used for insulating walls and ceilings.

Flat Roof, Foam, Attics, Pipe Insulation, Materials

Though foam is most commonly used to insulate walls and ceilings, it is can also be used to insulate Flat Roof, Foam, Attics, Pipe Insulation, Materials. Foam, when sprayed in walls or floor cavities can help with soundproofing a building. Foam boards, when layed in two or more layers over a roof surface, can be used to insulate a flat roof. If moisture is a problem, foam  boards can be used to form a barrier against water vapor.

When insulating a house, the attic is probably one of the most important parts of the home to insulate. Foam insulation is the most popular way to insulate the attic. Using foam as an insulator in an attic space, fills in any cracks that will prevent air from seeping into the house.

Another way to prevent heat loss from going though the attic, is to insulate the attic stairs. Fold down stairs are are often made up of a thin piece of plywood and do not seal properly. To insure proper sealing, a piece of foam weather stripping can be applied between the door and the frame. In addition the area in which the stairs fold into can be boxed in with sheets of foam insulation.

Privacy Policy And Terms Of Use

Massillon, North Olmsted, Plano, Deming, Bluefield, Clarksville, Atwater, East Point, Texarkana, Temple, Ephrata, Stuart, New Franklin, Howard, Ashwaubenon, Delaware, Clinton, Jacksonville Beach, Jacksonville, Wauwatosa, Coconut Creek, Edwardsville, South Carolina, Anaheim, San Antonio, Newport, Wyoming, Rome, Pittsburgh, South Bend, North Carolina, Emmaus, League City, Hewitt, Richardson, Worthington, Ferguson, Roseville, Kearney, Berea, South Sioux City, Phoenixville, Carlsbad, Kenner, Ponca City, Coral Gables, Waxahachie, South Milwaukee, Apex, Sebastian, Glen Ellyn, Meridian, Memphis, Albany, Speedway, Edmond, North Dakota, Margate, Key West, Rolla, Secaucus, West Virginia, Eagle Pass, Columbus, Arizona, Council Bluffs, Cicero, Roseburg, Salem, Altoona, Villa Park, South Salt Lake, Scranton, Hermitage, Simi Valley, Bella Vista, Oakland Park, New Berlin, Plainview, Coatesville, Wilkes-Barre, Miami Lakes, New Braunfels, Merrillville, Opa-locka, Orland Park, Maine, Little Rock, Morristown, Fontana, Lafayette, Murrysville municipality, Denison, Whitefish Bay, Iowa, Hazleton, Douglas, Surprise, Illinois

Comments page 2 of 31
Click here to add a comment
alexander faris
Posted 1955 days ago
Though some of web sites might include with many spam info,as to yours,it's time worthy for you to steadily look throught of your blog which with connotation.
Elizabeth
Posted 2804 days ago
Soundproofing was something that I thought would cost me lots of money and wouldn't really work. When I read about using foam in wall cavities I thought it sounded like a good idea, so I tried it out in one room. I was really pleased with the results, so I am now working my way round the house using the foam wherever I can.
Lorri
Posted 2804 days ago
Until I read the info on your site I wouldn't have even considered how I could reduce the levels of moisture in my roof. By using foam boards I was able to lower the moisture levels really quickly and help to increase the levels of heat within the house at the same time. This is something that I have been trying to do for ages.
Mirian
Posted 2804 days ago
I would tell anyone with a flat roof to use molded forms to insulate it. Molded forms work really well and they are so simple to fit too - I have no experience in home improvements and I managed it within a few hours, which is very good going for me. I will be looking into different types of insulation for my walls now.
Krishna
Posted 2804 days ago
Insulating the attic stairs is something that never crossed my mind at all. I always could feel a draft in my hallway (below the attic stairs) and could never work out where it came from. I followed your advice and used weather stripping to seal up the door and frame and it worked instantly. No more draft in the hallway anymore.
Rosana
Posted 2804 days ago
Using liquid foam to fill in any cracks in your attic space. I had a massive problem with cold air coming in and thought I would have to pay a fortune to have it sorted out. By using liquid foam I have made my attic a breeze free zone and it is so much better for it.
Laverne
Posted 2806 days ago
Thanks ever so much for the information on insulation. I have been trying to find a site that gives you the facts without trying to sell you something. You have given me some really practical advice that I am going to use when I insulate my house in the next few weeks.

Useful Information About Insulation

By Ross Bainbridge
Insulation is a material that is used to slow down or reduce the flow of energy. The substances used to produce insulating materials are poor conductors of heat and electricity.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]

Insulation R Value Guide

By Fay Salmons
Insulation R value guide ratings are used to measure the insulation's ability to resist heat flow. The higher the R value, the better it is expected to perform. Home insulation should be purchased based on the insulation R value guide, and not thickness or weight.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]

Water Heater Insulation Blanket Reviews That Help Save You Money

By Fay Salmons
Cutting the utility bill to save money usually becomes a priority item when you get that first bill of the winter season that is a real shocker. There are some things you can do to help curb the money outflow every month. One of the biggest culprits in the household energy realm is the hot water heater. Insulating this device can cut the energy output for this device by approximately 25 percent. Here are a few water heater insulation blanket reviews to help you make an informed decision.
[READ FULL ARTICLE]

Google Mixx delicious Facebook LinkedIn Meneame Twitter Sphinn StumbleUpon Myspace Digg Technorati Yahoo Buzz Reddit